Workshop: Normative Notions Formalized (2 - 3 August)
This workshop will explore the use of formal tools (e.g. from epistemic logics or deontic logics) to address philosophical problems concerning rationality or justification, obligations and permissions (both epistemic and practical oughts and cans), entitlement to believe/act and related notions. Formalizations of such normative notions and the principles involving them are supposed to clarify issues in epistemology and ethics, as well as show us possible solutions to paradoxes and other problems in those areas of investigation.
- Albert Anglberger (University of Bayreuth)
- Barteld Kooi (University of Groningen)
- Aybüke Özgün (ILLC, University of Amsterdam)
- Sven Rosenkranz (University of Barcelona)
- Olivier Roy (University of Bayreuth/MCMP)
- Jens Christian Bjerring (Aarhus University)
- Luis Rosa (University of Cologne)
Call for Papers
There is space for 4 contributed papers. Travel assitance will be available. Please submit an abstract no longer than 700 words to Luis Rosa (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submission deadline: May 30, 2018.
To attend the workshop, please register by sending an email to Luis Rosa (email@example.com) by July 2, 2018.