- CV, Baccelli Jean (September 2016) (175 KByte)
I received my PhD in philosophy from Ecole Normale Supérieure – Ulm (ENS) in 2016. My dissertation was entitled ''Essays in the Analysis of Axiomatic Decision Theory''. Before my PhD, I studied mainly philosophy, and mainly at ENS (class of 2005). I spent one year studying at Harvard University (2009-2010). I have taught philosophy at ENS (2011-2014) and economics at Université Cergy-Pontoise (2014-2016).
My current research focuses on individual decision theory and the philosophy of economics.
From 2013 to 2016, I organized the seminar of the ''Décision, Rationalité, Interaction'' research group (Institut d'Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences et des Techniques (IHPST), Paris). I have served as a reviewer for Erasmus Journal for Philosophy and Economics, Erkenntnis, Theoria, and the 2016 Congress of the French Society for the Philosophy of Science (SPS).
I received a grant from the Ernst und Margarete Wagemann Foundation to conduct postdoctoral research at the MCMP in 2016-2017. I hold an ''Agrégation de Philosophie'' (2008).
- ''Do Bets Reveal Beliefs?'', forthcoming in Synthese
- ''Choice-Based Cardinal Utility'', with Philippe Mongin, Journal of Economic Methodology, 2016, 23 (3), p. 268-288
- ''L’analyse axiomatique et l’attitude par rapport au risque'' (''Axiomatic Analysis and Risk Attitude''), Revue économique, 2016, 67 (2), p. 355-366
- ''Le comportement et le concept de choix'' (''Behavior and the Concept of Choice''), Dialogue, 2013, 52 (1), p. 43-60