Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
- CV, Eva Benjamin (August 2016) (159 KByte)
Ben completed his PhD in Philosophy under the supervision of Richard Pettigrew at the University of Bristol (where he also obtained his MA) in late 2015. He also spent 6 months as a visiting research student in the department of mathematical logic at the University of Kobe, Japan, in 2013.
Ben has major research interests in the foundations of physics (especially quantum theory and cosmology), as well as the general philosophy of science, logic and formal epistemology. He is currently working on the 'Reasoning and Argumentation in Science’ research project at the LMU’s Center for Advanced Studies.
AHRC doctoral Studentship (Tuition Fees and Full maintenance grant, 2011-2014)
- "Topos Theoretic Quantum Realism", British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, 2016
- "Category Theory and Physical Structuralism", European Journal for the Philosophy of Science, 2016
- "Modal Operators in Topos Quntum Logic", Studia Logica, 2015
- "Towards a Paraconsistent Quantum Set Theory", Proceedings of the 12th International Workshop on Quantum Physics and Logic (Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science), 2015