Zoom Talk: Wes Holliday (Berkley)
Please contact email@example.com for the password.
I will survey a recent research program of investigating “possibility semantics”, a generalization of possible world semantics, for modal, superintuitionistic, and inquisitive logics. Relevant references include the following:
- Y. Ding and W. H. Holliday, “Another problem in possible world semantics,” Advances in Modal Logic, forthcoming.
- G. Bezhanishvili and W. H. Holliday, “A semantic hierarchy for intuitionistic logic,” Indagationes Mathematicae, 2019 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/2vp2x4rx).
- G. Bezhanishvili and W. H. Holliday, “Locales, nuclei, and Dragalin frames,” Advances in Modal Logic, 2016 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/2s0134zx).
- N. Bezhanishvili and W. H. Holliday, “Choice-free Stone duality,” The Journal of Symbolic Logic, 2020 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/00p6t2v4).
- N. Bezhanishvili, G. Grilletti, and W. H. Holliday, “Algebraic and topological semantics for inquisitive logic via choice-free duality,” Proceedings of WoLLIC 2019 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/69f4t1wg).
- W. H. Holliday, “Algebraic semantics for S5 with propositional quantifiers,” Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic, 2019 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/303338xr).
- W. H. Holliday, “Inquisitive intuitionistic logic,” Advances in Modal Logic, forthcoming.
- W. H. Holliday, “Partiality and adjointness in modal logic,” Advances in Modal Logic, 2014 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/9pm9t4vp).
- W. H. Holliday, “Possibility frames and forcing for modal logic,” UC Berkeley Working Paper, 2015 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/0tm6b30q).
- W. H. Holliday and T. Litak, “Complete additivity and modal incompleteness,” The Review of Symbolic Logic, 2019 (https://escholarship.org/uc/item/01p9x1hv).