Call for Applications: Two Lecturer Positions
The Chair of Logic and Philosophy of Language (Professor Hannes Leitgeb) and the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy (MCMP) at the Faculty of Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and Study of Religion is seeking applications for
two Lecturer Positions (equivalent to Assistant Professorship) in Logic and Philosophy of Language
(for three years, with the possibility of extension, full time)
starting on October 1, 2022.
The appointees will be expected
- to do philosophical research, especially in logic and philosophy of language
- to teach five hours a week in areas relevant to the chair, and
- to participate in the administrative work of the MCMP.
The successful candidates
- will have a PhD in philosophy or logic,
- will have teaching experience in philosophy and logic,
- and will have carried out research in logic and related areas (such as philosophy of logic, philosophy of language, philosophy of mathematics, formal epistemology).
Your workplace is centrally located in Munich and is very easy to reach by public transport. We offer you an interesting and responsible job with good training and development opportunities.
The employment takes place within the TV-L scheme.
The position is initially limited to September 30, 2025.
Furthermore, given equal qualification, severely physically challenged applicants will be preferred.
There is the possibility of part-time employment.
The application of women is strongly welcome.
Applications (including CV, certificates, list of publications, list of courses taught, a writing sample, and a description of planned research projects (1000-1500 words)) should be submitted via our application tool by April 1, 2022.
In addition, we ask for two letters of reference, which must be sent by the reviewers directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions please refer to email@example.com.
The German description of the position is to be found here.