Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
- CV, Trpin Borut (November 2021) (56 KByte)
Borut Trpin obtained a PhD degree (2018) in philosophy at the University of Ljubljana. He was then a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Philosophy (KGW) at the University of Salzburg (2018/2019). He joined the MCMP as a postdoctoral fellow in 2019.
Borut’s main research interests are in formal epistemology and philosophy of science. Some of the topics that particularly interest him are models of human reasoning, epistemic justification, and scientific disagreements. He likes to use computer simulations for philosophical research.
- (Forthcoming). Against methodological gambling, Erkenntnis
- (Forthcoming) Lying, more or less: A computer simulation study of graded lies and trust dynamics, Synthese, forthcoming (with Anna Dobrosovestnova and Sebastian J. Götzendorfer)
- (2020) Jeffrey Conditionalization: Proceed with Caution, Philosophical Studies
- (2019) Inference to the Best Explanation in Uncertain Evidential Situations, (with Max Pellert), The British Journal for the Philosophy of Science
- (2019) 'Seize it, if thou dar'st': Three Types of Imperative Conditional in Richard II. In: The Routledge Companion to Shakespeare and Philosophy, C. Bourne and E. Caddick Bourne (eds.)