Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until June 10th, 2019. Although students may apply before the deadline, applicants will receive an admissions decision no later than by the end June 2019.
The application procedure includes:
- Procedure (A) with the MCMP (required for all applicants)
- Procedure (B) with the LMU’s International Office (required only for those applicants who are not German citizens)
Procedure (A) – with the MCMP (required for all applicants):
Please submit your application via our online application tool.
Other forms of submission will not be considered.
You may submit your application until June 10th, 2019.
To apply, please make sure to submit the following documents as PDF files:
- A cover letter of 1-2 pages in which you explain why you would like to join our MA program and what qualifications you have to do so.
- A CV (including, among others things, the list of courses you have taken as an undergraduate).
- A copy of your transcript of records documenting your previous studies and degree(s) that are required to be equivalent to at least 150 ECTS, with an average grade of 2.0 or better. If your transcript is in neither German nor English, please make sure to submit a separate document (in English or German) explaining the meaning of your grades.
- A writing sample in English. You may submit a term paper, a part of your undergraduate thesis, a published paper, or any other piece of writing that indicates your ability to understand, criticize, and develop philosophical arguments. A writing sample should not exceed 15 pages.
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS or equivalent) of at least Level C1 (or higher), if your first language is not English.
- Please ask two referees to send confidential letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application MA in Logic and Philosophy of Science” as the subject.
Procedure (B) – with the International Office (required only for those applicants who are not German citizens):
Applicants who are not German citizens must also apply at the International Office. The deadlines for this particular application may vary from semester to semester.
Please follow the instructions given in the "Guide for applying for a master's degree program (international applicants)".
Note that applicants who are not German citizens are admitted to the Master program only if they have been accepted by both the MCMP – procedure (A) – and the International Office – Procedure (B).