In logic and the philosophy of language, we ask questions such as:
- How should we deal with sentences that speak about their own truth value, validity, necessity, or probability?
- Is truth grounded in the facts in a sense than can be made formally precise?
- What is the meaning of logical symbols? Do conditionals have truth conditions?
- When should we accept a conditional, and how should we change our beliefs when we learn a conditional?
- What does formal semantics teach us about natural language?
- And: Is logic normative?